Tuesday, June 13, 2006

goodbye, nonno

Dearest Nonno,

I can't really place this feeling in my heart right now. It was just not long ago when I saw you sitting down on your favourite spot. You were quiet as usual, watching Nonna doing all the talking. When I looked through your eyes, I could see a man who has gone through hardship in life. More importantly, I also see a person who has the most gentle soul ever.

I'll never forget how you used to kiss me so fondly on the cheeks and treated me like one of your grandchildren...

How you held my hand tightly as you walked me to the door...

How you and Nonna accepted me as part of your family just like second mum and Zia did...

And despite you speak little English, you muttered out, "Good girl" whenever you see me.

I never really get to know both of my grandpa because they've gone to heaven when I was a little girl.

Thank you for letting me having the opportunity to know how it once felt like before.

I'm gonna miss you, Nonno. I think we all will... There is no doubt about that.

Love always,
Chica

chica bonita fluttered eyelashes @ 12:28| 4 comments