Tuesday, May 10, 2005

the one with the funeral

I've been back in Malaysia for a few days now. Daddy insisted that I go back to pay my last respect to W's dad who passed away a couple of days ago.

The funeral was a solemn occassion - obviously. As I stood there listening to prayers, my heart hardened. I just simply refused to cry openly despite the fact that everyone has tears on their eyes, not because I don't care but because I strongly believe it's a privacy to show one's emotion. Myself, for one do not cry openly (apart from watching movies in the cinema). Uncle S has taken good care of me during my stay in Aus for the past 3 years and for that, I could never repay his gratitude.

That very night as I lie down on W's arms listening to soothing music, he whispered, "I've lost my daddy forever..." I looked at him and replied, "I think he is very lucky to have a son like you, he will live in your memories, wouldn't he?" We hugged and tears started to well up on my eyes. No words were spoken. We cried in silent until we fell asleep.

chica bonita fluttered eyelashes @ 17:07| 2 comments